Monday, June 19, 2017

Mystery Monday -- Norman F. Scott Sr 1928-2007

Norman F. Scott Sr with
grandson Joshua Scott age 6 months
1982 taken by J'Anette

Once in 2004 I asked my father in law, Norman F. Scott Sr if he had any photographs of himself as a young man, in the 1940s or 1950s.  These are the earliest photos I have of him.


Norm Sr and Joshua 1982
at home in Renton
taken by J'Anette

Looks here like he enjoys his grandson, doesn't it?  Oh, I found one more early photo, 1950s.


Scott Boys 1950
L-R: Norm Jr "Fred", Terry, Norm Sr, Randy, Wayne
photo taken by Shirley Young Scott


Following is what I wrote to him -- 
I was wondering if you had a photograph of you as a young man?  I would like to include a picture of you at about the age you were when you met Shirley in my history.

Also, would you be able to tell me a little bit about how you met her?  I understand you met in Union Station?  Where were you going?  What did you think?  What did you first talk about?

 In retrospect, I probably should have tried to talk to him in person, and now it is too late.  

I wrote that there was an obituary for him that I had a hard time accessing.  I found it -- sort of.  The Tacoma News Tribune has the following information.

News Tribune, The (Tacoma, WA) - Friday, May 18, 2007

SCOTT Norman F.

SCOTT Norman F., 78, Gig Harbor, May 10.
News Tribune, The
Date: Friday, May 18, 2007
Edition: SOUTH SOUND
Page: B04














I sent an email to the Tacoma News Tribune asking if this is all there is.  I've never found ANY obituary for this man.  I begin to think they never published one.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Adella Grace Scott Scribner Part 9 of 9, 1940s

Adella Grace Scott Scribner ... 1940s 1940 1940 Census, 1 April 1940.  Widowed, living with daughter Gertrude in Franklin, Merrimack ...