Friday, September 8, 2017

Harvey Scott Part 2 Census 1850-1853

Harvey Scott Census Salisbury, Merrimack NH

  • 1850 Census, Salisbury, Merrimack NH
  • 1853 Franklin Pierce becomes President


1850 Census age 24


Harvey Scott in 1850 NH Census
with Lucretia Scott

Here is a new document for me, I just found because I was researching for this particular blog.  I have to be careful with my assumptions.  Harvey is indexed as Henry age 24, born about 1826.  He works as a Mason with three other men, David Scott who might be his father, age 52; Marshall Scott age 18; Philo Scott age 26; then Lucretia age 22, all are born in Vermont.  They apparently share a house with a Tailor Alvin Quinly and his wife Ednah A.  You can tell by the numbers preceding their names.  They all live in dwelling 104, and the separate families are enumerated.

So, the question I must research is, is this David his father?  The age is correct.  I don't recall seeing the occupation of Mason in Harvey's repertoire before, but that isn't unheard of.  Why did Lucretia move in with Harvey 10 years later?

Although this is about Harvey, I have to include here that I searched for Lucretia and found a tantalizing death certificate. I was very close to loving it until I compared the birth date.  It was about 10 years off.  Must always compare everything, because a wrong document in one place can screw things up in a lot of other places.  ESPECIALLY when searching for common names.  

1853 -- Franklin Pierce becomes the fourteenth President of the United States


Franklin Pierce
Franklin Pierce
from Famous Kin



Harvey Scott mini pedigree
from Ancestry.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

Adella Grace Scott Scribner Part 9 of 9, 1940s

Adella Grace Scott Scribner ... 1940s 1940 1940 Census, 1 April 1940.  Widowed, living with daughter Gertrude in Franklin, Merrimack ...